[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: PingTimerTask in JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA EAP

Kevin Lohmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 29 08:04:24 EDT 2010

Kevin Lohmann [http://community.jboss.org/people/kevin.lohmann] created the discussion

"Re: PingTimerTask in JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA EAP"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/564100#564100

Hi Ron,

thanks for your reply!
> Ron Sigal schrieb:
>

> You have uncovered a bug [..] and I've  created JIRA issue JBREM-1247 [..].
Thanks for that.

> JBossMessaging  has, throughout most of its history, turned off the bisocket transport  ping facility by setting
>  <attribute name="pingFrequency" isParam="true">214748364</attribute>
>

> in  their remoting-bisocket-service.xml file.  In fact, that's the value I  see in JBossMessaging version 1.4.1.GA, which ships with EAP 5.0.1, so I  don't understand why there would be any pinging going on.  Did you  change that parameter?

No. That parameter is default commented by
> <!-- the following parameters are useful when there is a firewall between client and server. Uncomment them if so.-->
So the default value is 5000, isn't it!?

> Anyway, I wouldn't worry about  it.
Thats what I'd liked to hear and what I supposed it to be, for me, it's just a warning to ignore! :-)

> As for the ConcurrentModificationException, you  should post the issue on the JBossMessaging users forum.
I can give it a try, but unfortunately I guess, the willingness to help is not great (compare  http://community.jboss.org/thread/156294 http://community.jboss.org/thread/156294). I'm glad that you took responsibility for this one!

Again, many thanks Ron!
 Kevin

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]