[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Signal a wait state and suspend related running subprocesses

Stefano Cancedda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 30 07:26:22 EDT 2010

Stefano Cancedda [http://community.jboss.org/people/festano1] created the discussion

"Re: Signal a wait state and suspend related running subprocesses"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/564261#564261

Thank you for answering, Michael
> Michael Wohlfart ha scritto:
> > An execution implementation will be locked:
> > * When it is ended
> > * When it is suspended
> > * During asynchronous continuations
> >
> The behaviour you describe seems to be intended.

Yes, it's true, but no way to resume the activity on "inactive-scope" and then signal the main instance?
My problem is that I *cannot signal the main process*, either if sub-process is "+active-root+" or "+suspended+", etc:

INFO  ProcessServiceBean - SUB_PROCESS STATE: SubProcessRequisitesEvaluation.340002 active-root
12:00:32,886 INF | DefaultCommandService exception while executing command org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.SignalCmd at 34e1d5
org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: execution[MainProcess.50026] has running subprocess: execution[SubProcessRequisitesEvaluation.340002] in state active-root

So "root execution" cannot be changed whatever state  are their relative "sub-executions"!

You talk about a "wait state", but my suspension is acting like a wait state, and i have provided a timer to fire after a timeout, to "resume" process-execution, the problem is *to move* the whole workflow instance to that state.
For now I cannot achieve this if sub-process is running, and the solution cannot be to force ending because the sub-process will be locked anyway.

I have completely freedom for implemention  but my stand points are:

1. use sub-processes & choose the definition in runtime;
2. enforce the suspension in the root-process;