[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: PingTimerTask in JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA EAP

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 30 07:26:57 EDT 2010

Ron Sigal [http://community.jboss.org/people/ron.sigal%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: PingTimerTask in JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA EAP"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/564188#564188

Hi Kevin,

Re: "No. That parameter is default commented by
> <!-- the following parameters are useful when  there is a firewall between client and server. Uncomment them if  so.-->
So the default value is 5000, isn't it!?"

Ah, that is due to an oversight, partly my own fault, which has been or will be corrected, in which the comment was added but the original uncommented values were eliminated.  The default values are usually too small, leading to spurious failures, so they should either be increased to a reasonable value, or, essentially, set to infinity, which is what JBossMessaging has generally done.  For example,

   <attribute name="pingFrequency" isParam="true">214748364</attribute>

Re: "Anyway, I wouldn't worry about  it."

Yeah, that's one of my favorite answers, too.   :)

Re: "I can give it a try, but unfortunately I guess, the willingness to help  is not great"

You have to understand that JBossMessaging has been superceded by HornetQ, a much better implementation, and the resources for working on JBossMessaging are limited.

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]