[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Where is the jmx-console.war in JBoss6

Carlos Oliva do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 1 11:43:20 EDT 2011

Carlos Oliva [http://community.jboss.org/people/ramboid] created the discussion

"Where is the jmx-console.war in JBoss6"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/597209#597209

How woudl one secure the JMX-Console in this version of JBoss?  The security guide for JBoss6 (Chapter 2) says that there is a jmx-console.war in the deployment folder but it is nowhere to be found in the installation.

By navigating my web browser to the JBoss port I see the links for the Admin, JMX, and Web consoles.  I can click on them and launch them but I have been able to secure just the Admin console by following the instructions in chapter 20 of the Security Guide