[jboss-user] [jBPM] - What happens if the TaskServer is shutdown between Created and Complete states?

bpmn2user do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 4 15:44:43 EDT 2011

bpmn2user [http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user] created the discussion

"What happens if the TaskServer is shutdown between Created and Complete states?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/597661#597661

There was discussion (
  http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/Drools-Flow-5-1-0-M1-Human-Task-How-to-get-the-WorkItem-change-state-after-restart-of-MinaTaskServer-td62057.html http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/Drools-Flow-5-1-0-M1-Human-Task-How-to-get-the-WorkItem-change-state-after-restart-of-MinaTaskServer-td62057.html
) about a scenario where Taskserver is shutdown before reaching the Completed state.

what if the *Mina*service has to be stopped in between (*taskhas been created* but not yet reached *the completed status*) – then we lose all the registeredevents (as these are not persistent events) in the following thread.
– now when we restart the*Mina* service we query the task – and let’s say we changed the statethrough “*Reserved**à InProgressàCompleted*”.  Now since the registered events are lost, how doesthe work item will be marked as “completed” (as the associated WSHTtask has completed) so that the drools process can move forward –basically end in this case?

There was a JIRA created for this issue  https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-2002 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-2002.

I am wondering if the fix has made it to JBPM5.0.

Kris or Mauricio: Any comments are appreciated