[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - 6.0.0.Final collisions running existing code

Robin Hughes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 6 14:11:03 EDT 2011

Robin Hughes [http://community.jboss.org/people/rhinmass] created the discussion

"6.0.0.Final collisions running existing code"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/598281#598281

I am developing an ejb application that needs to include use a lot of existing code developed for jboss 4.0.5 .  The existing code leverages hibernate 3.2.7    If I include hibernate-3.2.7.ga.jar in my ear, I get many errors such as:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.hql.ast.HqlToken cannot be cast to antlr.Token
    at antlr.CharScanner.makeToken(Unknown Source) [:6.0.0.Final]
    at org.hibernate.hql.ast.HqlLexer.makeToken(HqlLexer.java:62) [:3.6.0.Final]

So my more general question is how can I run existing code which uses jars that conflict with container jars?

Thanks for any assistance or pointers.