[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Question: Running JBPM on JBOSS AS 6

baecks do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 7 05:01:10 EDT 2011

baecks [http://community.jboss.org/people/baecks] created the discussion

"Question: Running JBPM on JBOSS AS 6"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/598406#598406

Hello,

I want to run an JEE(6) application on my JBOSS AS 6 server using JBPM 3 (incl. persistence to MySQL DB). I want this app to be scalable, support clustering, workflow resume after restart etc. From what I read on various JBOSS documents and other sites, the best way to do so is use the jbpm-enterprise.ear. So I tried getting that to work, but have several issues. So I hope some experts on this formum could provide answers to the questions below:

1/ Is there a (newbie) tutorial on how to get the ear deployed on JBOSS AS 6 and use I. The ear as-is can't be deployed on AS6 due to a syntax error in a TLD file or so (JBOSS AS log).
2/ Is using the command bean in the ear the right way to do this?
3/ Is there a tutorial available on ear file usage and Hibernate persistence, CMP, transactions etc ?
4/ Are there any design patterns for development of a JEE(6) app using JBPM 3 in eclipse?
5/ What about JBPM5 and eclipse. Would JBPM5 be the better choice to start with? I read that the tools for eclipse still don't support version 5 and that the version hasn't reached the maturity of version 3 yet.

All help is really appreciated.

Regards,
Sven.