[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - JBoss 6 + Snowdrop 2: order of JPA & Spring deployers

Marcus Ilgner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 8 06:34:46 EDT 2011

Marcus Ilgner [http://community.jboss.org/people/milgner] created the discussion

"JBoss 6 + Snowdrop 2: order of JPA & Spring deployers"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/598786#598786

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run an application in JBoss AS 6 which contains both a persistence.xml which I would like to be started by JBoss, then afterwards a Spring application context is initialized which uses the previously defined persistence unit.
This worked fine in JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA using Snowdrop Spring Deployer from Snowdrop 1.1.0. But when I try to run it in JBoss AS 6.0.0.Final, the spring.deployer runs before the EJB/JPA deployer, resulting in an error because my Spring application cannot find the EntityManagerFactory.

Is there a way to change the order the deployers are started? I found one subject mentioning that there should be some "-service.xml" for the Spring deployer where one could supposedly use some kind of setRelativeOrder statement to influence the deployer chain but as that was referring to JBoss AS 4, I guess it is probably outdated anyway.

All the best
Marcus

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]