[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 5 User Forms

Juris De do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 8 08:54:20 EDT 2011

Juris De [http://community.jboss.org/people/juris.de] created the discussion

"jBPM 5 User Forms"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/598830#598830

Hello!

I am trying to understand the best possible method for working with User Forms in jBPM 5.

1. What is the best way to edit user forms (*.ftl files) in a graphical environment (something like Intalio does)?
I have managed to open them in Eclipse as html files. Are there better options?

2. Is there an automatic (user-oriented) way of linking together user form fields with corresponding User Task variables?
Currently it looks to me that all the variables' mappings with form fields (and variables in the ftl form) must be written manually in the code. Is it so or are there any better ways to automate it?

3. How to open, edit and deploy user forms (*.ftl files) in the jBMP engine (on the server) in a user-friendly manner?
So far I have discovered that in order to have your form running for the particular user task I need to do the following steps:

1) create a process;
2) create a user task, enter all necessary variables and parameters.
3) enter TaskName parameter (the name of the form that must be opened; e.g. UserTask1)
4) create HTML form with special syntax for dynamic contents and input fields so that they map to the task variables.
5) Name the HTML form file: <TaskName value>.ftl (e.g. UserTask1.ftl)
6) Add the form to
${install.home}/jboss-{version}.GA/server/default/jbpm-gwt-console-server.war -> /deploy/WEB-INF/lib/jbpm-gwt-form-5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
7) Make a PNG file of the diagram, name it <processName>.png and add it to
${install.home}/jboss-{version}.GA/server/default/jbpm-gwt-console-server.war -> /WEB-INF/lib/jbpm-gwt-graph-5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

3.1. Is the process correct (at least it works)?
3.2. Am I right that by default no user form is created in the jBPM project in Eclipse when I create a User Task?
3.3. Is there a solution, how to create a User Form automatically after a User Task is created?
3.4. Is there a solution for deploying a user form automatically on the server?
I think that the process is being installed automatically when I run the application in Eclipse but I have no idea regarding the forms.

Thank you in advance and sorry if some of the questions have been raised before; still I have not been able to find the right answers so far.
In case there are good resources describing these topics, I'll be happy to receive the links!!