[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Start a new process

Parvez Shah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 17 11:37:42 EDT 2011

Parvez Shah [http://community.jboss.org/people/parvez.shah] created the discussion

"Re: Start a new process"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/600485#600485

Thank you for the quick reply,
I am sorry if my question was not clear..

I need to know what are the parameter i need to pass to start the process

>>ksession.startProcess("process.id", parameters);
>>Where parameters is a Map<String, Object> that contains the information to initialize the process.

 use case is very standard use case ..

user will select a process to start , for example taxi booking,
UI will be created dynamicaly, based upon what kind of parametr has to be passed to start the process,
and then upon submit we will start the process,

But as you have said
>>If you don't want to do that, you need to start first the process with any parameters and then present the first task to the user to complete the booking information.

in this manner we will have many orphan process as maybe user will simply open booking screen and then browse away from the page