[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - How to specify database instance name in XADatasource

qwa qwa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 28 15:00:39 EDT 2011

qwa qwa [http://community.jboss.org/people/techmonster] created the discussion

"How to specify database instance name in XADatasource"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/602604#602604

Hi,
      This is my first post in this forum. Here is my requirement: We have a MSSQL database instance running on a server. I wrote a simple javaprogram to connect to using jtds driver. This works fine. Here is the connection string i used:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://lndk2344;instance=hedge_uat

As you can see from above, our server name is: lndk2344 and instance name is: hedge_uat

When i setup XADatasource in jboss, how do i specify the instance name. Using xa-datasource-property i can specify servername, databasename, port, username, password but I dont see any property to specify instance name like in above scenario when i have multiple database instances running on the same server.

Please suggest

-Steve

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]