[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM5 Implementation

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 1 16:31:27 EDT 2011

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM5 Implementation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/618680#618680

> Donald Walters wrote:
> In version 4 I could create a custom node which would use my java class. Is there an equivalent in the BPM2 notation?
In addition to what Mauricio posted you could use Service Task with "other" implementation that in fact will execute your defined operation, which could be java method. Note that you need to define interface and operation in the bpmn2 definition.
Please have a look at one of the examples shipped with jBPM5.1
 https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-examples/src/main/resources/junit/BPMN2-ServiceProcess.bpmn2 service task bpmn2 definition
 https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-examples/src/main/java/org/jbpm/examples/junit/BPMN2JUnitTests.java test case for that process definition (look at method testServiceTask)

> Donald Walters wrote:
>
> Also, I have a state node with a timer that has a <on event="start"> and a <on event="timeout">. What is the v5 equivalent?

In my opinion you should employ intermediate timer event, so it can be attached to a particular activity (boundary) or as part of the process flow which in fact will act as wait state until timer expires. Second one looks bit more suitable for your case.
Not sure how to deal with on start from v4, what was the purpose of the on start event on that state node?

HTH
Maciej