[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Instantiating a process in JBPM5

Imran Naqvi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 2 19:31:27 EDT 2011

Imran Naqvi [http://community.jboss.org/people/imran.h] created the discussion

"Instantiating a process in JBPM5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/618923#618923

I have deployed jbpm5 in my web container. I am trying to emulate the example given here to create a process instance of the Evaluate.bpmn process:
 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ch05.html#d0e1532 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ch05.html#d0e1532

But whenever I run this code I get an error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown process ID: Evaluation

My code snippet is:

     KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
      kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("Evaluation.bpmn"), ResourceType.BPMN2);
      KnowledgeBase kbase = kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase();

      JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger logger = new JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger(ksession);

      ProcessInstance processInstance = ksession.startProcess("Evaluation");

The error is thrown when at the last line. I have not done anything to configure the database so most likely thats the problem. Although I dont think the guide explicitly this.

I wish to just get the process execution working. I dont need the console. My questions are:

1) I tried locating the hibernate config file in the jars but didnt find them. Can some one point me to it.

2) Since my project already uses hibernate, is it safe to assume all I need to do is incorporate the jbpm hibernate files into it to make it work?

Thanks