[jboss-user] [jBPM] - process variable type-safety

Renzo Tomaselli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 3 13:34:26 EDT 2011

Renzo Tomaselli [http://community.jboss.org/people/Tomarenz] created the discussion

"process variable type-safety"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/619228#619228

Hi all, process variables are defined as name-type pairs.
>From the Eclipse plugin I can see that types are defined by means of a Java class, however engine API deals with them as objects (Map<String, Object>).
The question is: who/when does check type consistency ? Is it an engine responsability or a task one ?
Should a task check received parameter type of all input parameters or is it already done by the engine ?
What happens when constrains meet a wrong type at runtime ?
Thanks.