[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Why is Timer event not triggered in J2EE container?

Gary tse do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 4 07:53:47 EDT 2011

Gary tse [http://community.jboss.org/people/garytse] created the discussion

"Why is Timer event not triggered in J2EE container?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/619372#619372

Hi all,

I have a timer event that is suppose to automatically trigger after 3 minutes.

When I'm testing it on standalone Java program, the bpmn works fine and the task following the timer event gets triggered.

However, the timer event just never gets triggered after I put the StatefulKnowledgeSession into a EJB on the server.

This is a portion of the timer (bpmn2)

    <boundaryEvent id="_5" name="TimerEvent" attachedToRef="_4" cancelActivity="false" >
      <timerEventDefinition>
        <timeDuration xsi:type="tFormalExpression">180s</timeDuration>
      </timerEventDefinition>
    </boundaryEvent>

My stateless session EJB looks like this:
public class CommandDelegate implements SessionBean, ICommandDelegateLocalBM, ICommandDelegateRemoteBM {

private static StatefulKnowledgeSession  stateful;

public void startProcess(String processId, Map<String, Object> parameters) {
   stateful.startProcess(processId, parameters);
}

Here is my test client:

context = new InitialContext(env);
Object obj = context.lookup("ejb/CommandDelegateRemote");
remoteHome = (CommandDelegateRemoteHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(obj,CommandDelegateRemoteHome.class);
remote = remoteHome.create();
remote.startProcess("TestTimerBPMN", params);

Any ideas anyone?