[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Redirecting a URL

cmangus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 4 19:27:34 EDT 2011

cmangus [http://community.jboss.org/people/cmangus] created the discussion

"Redirecting a URL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/619535#619535

First, let me say that I know nothing about JBoss.  I am a DBA, not a web or app programmer but have been thrust into this role...so, I welcome any assistance that I can understand.

We have an application with a URL like  http://myserver:3400/myservice/test.html#login http://myserver:3400/myservice/test.html#login and my manager wants us to have a friendly URL like htp://myservice.mydomain.com.  He tried to make a DNS entry and add a CNAME but that didn't work.

How can I redirect the friendly URL to the longer URL?

Thanks in advance,
Chris