[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Can JBPM Console be used for visibility into processes being initiated from a different container

jjfutt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 6 16:37:04 EDT 2011

jjfutt [http://community.jboss.org/people/jjfutt] created the discussion

"Re: Can JBPM Console be used for visibility into processes being initiated from a different container"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/619783#619783

http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej Maciej:

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I do have some follow up questions, primarily because I didn't explain my questions properly. Let me take another shot and I hope that you or somebody else can clarify.

Goal:
1. To initiate and launch long running, "persistence enabled" JBPM processes from a servelet/jsp web application.
2. Using the console to view and manage the processes initiated by this servlet/jsp web application mentioned in (1).

My understanding is that I have to make my JBPM application persistence enabled, and I have found instructions for that.

Q1: However, the console itself should be pointing to the same database as my standalone java application. I am looking for pointers on how to change the console configuration to read the process information from the same database that I will be using in my java application so that it can allow me to view the status of those processes.

Q2: Can I also assume that if a process is initiated ("Started") in the console (as opposed to stared by my java application), that I can find the session, and process id's in the database, and then I can make my java application read the database for entries created by the console and interact with the processes within my java application?

Q3: I am able to deploy JBPM processes into my JSP/Servlet application and launch them. For console to allow me visibility into the status and state of these processes, I have to do two things (1) piont the console to the same database as being used by my serlvet application and (2) deploy the process definition on the classpath of the console, so that console has access to process definition as well... (Correct)? Note: For question 3, please assume that Guvnor repository is not being used at this time.

Thank you in advance.