[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Startup problem cause java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.drools.persistence.processinstance.WorkItemInfo

Pierpaolo Lombardi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 12 09:46:29 EDT 2011

Pierpaolo Lombardi [http://community.jboss.org/people/pierx83] created the discussion

"Re: Startup problem cause java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.drools.persistence.processinstance.WorkItemInfo"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/620819#620819

I just found out there is a persistence.xml file in the folder jbpm-gwt-console-server.war\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF containing the following rows (as provided by the jBPM installation):

+        <class>org.drools.persistence.session.SessionInfo</class>+
+        <class>org.drools.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo</class>+
+        <class>org.drools.persistence.processinstance.WorkItemInfo</class>+
+        <class>org.jbpm.process.audit.ProcessInstanceLog</class>+
+        <class>org.jbpm.process.audit.NodeInstanceLog</class>+
+        <class>org.jbpm.process.audit.VariableInstanceLog</class>+

Of course the SessionInfo and WorkItemInfo are specified in a bad path.
I modified this file and now I have only two rows:

+       <class>org.drools.persistence.info.SessionInfo</class>+
+       <class>org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo</class>+

I started JBoss removing all of the Drools5.0.1 jars I added before and no error occurs like before but another error arose:

+org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: ProcessInstanceInfo is not mapped [select processInstanceInfo.processInstanceId from Proc+
+essInstanceInfo processInstanceInfo where :type in elements(processInstanceInfo.eventTypes)]+

I think the problem is the missing of a row related to the ProcessInstanceInfo but actually I cannot find it in the Drools jars.
What did you change in this file according to Drools5.2?

Thanks,
Pierpaolo