[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to start a sub-process independent from main process

Prageeth Jayasinghe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 13 02:43:35 EDT 2011

Prageeth Jayasinghe [http://community.jboss.org/people/pragiya] created the discussion

"How to start a sub-process independent from main process"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/620911#620911

Hi all,
    I am using JBPM3.2. In my case I have a requirement to start a new process at a node of my main process and pass parameters to it from main process. Actually I want my sub-process be an independent one from the main process. It means the main process should continue whether or not the sub-process is completed.
    I tried to use the <process-state> node. But as I understood when using this node, the main process waits until the sub-process is finished.
Is there a posibility to accomplish this in JBPM3.2.
Please help me. Thanks.