[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Prioritization of process instances

Fernando Ney do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 18 08:44:24 EDT 2011

Fernando Ney [http://community.jboss.org/people/fernando.ney] created the discussion

"Re: Prioritization of process instances"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/621665#621665

Mauricio,
     Thanks for the indication of the camel route, but in our case we need several features of a workflow system.

     Although you have mentioned that our requirements can be modeled with jBPM5 I have doubts on how to do such things.

     For the requirement 2 (maximum number of executions in parallel by activity type) we guess in create a intermediate priority queue (a JMS queue, a table, etc) for each different type of activity we need to limit (in this case the activity of the jBPM just put a 'task' in this queue). For each queue we would have a thread pool where we could do the necessary settings (ex: maximum number of threads).
     What do you think of this solution?

     Regarding requirement 1, we don't have a workaround for this, since we no found a way to prioritize a particular instance of a process without a non-intrusive change in the code of jBPM.
     Do you know how to model this with jBPM5?