[jboss-user] [EJB3] - JBoss AS 7.0.1 and EJB 3 lookup

Dmitry Paykin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 25 02:54:08 EDT 2011

Dmitry Paykin [http://community.jboss.org/people/paykin] created the discussion

"JBoss AS 7.0.1 and EJB 3 lookup"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/622860#622860

Hello,
I deploy my app as 2 separate deployments: EAR and WAR.
I put my EJB interfaces inside both WAR and JAR inside EAR.
When I trying to lookup EJB from WAR I recieve exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: ruleEngine.api.ApplicationData$$$view12 cannot be cast to org.omg.CORBA.Object
          at org.jboss.com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:225) [jboss-rmi-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.Final.jar:1.0.1.Final]

or simple ClassCastException when I just cast the class without narrowing.

The application worked fine in JBoss 6, only when I put property
properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");
to InitialContext. When I removed the property, I started to recieve the same error as on JB7.

Unfortunatelly, I can not create separate jar with interfaces, because of dependencies exist in the project. Because of the same problem I can not include EAR JAR in WAR's classpath.

Any help?

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]