[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: JBoss 5.1 NoSuchMethodError when deploying persistenceEntitiy EJB3 app

Wolfgang Knauf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 26 09:11:31 EDT 2011

Wolfgang Knauf [http://community.jboss.org/people/WolfgangKnauf] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss 5.1 NoSuchMethodError when deploying persistenceEntitiy EJB3 app"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/623189#623189

That's strange - as far as I understand this error, it means that it cannot find a constructor of class "javax.resource.ResourceException", which is actually part of the J2EE framework.

Do you package any JavaEE related classes/jars (e.g. "j2ee.jar") in your app?

If not: I found this post where someone had a similar problem, but not with JBoss:  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=13835043 http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=13835043
Do you try to migrate an old app? If yes: maybe it helps to recompile it and reference the current JBoss 5.1 JARs to resolve e.g. the JavaEE API.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]