[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Archetypes for JavaEE modules?

Wolfgang Knauf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 29 15:21:22 EDT 2011

Wolfgang Knauf [http://community.jboss.org/people/WolfgangKnauf] created the discussion

"Archetypes for JavaEE modules?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/623604#623604

Hi all,

I currently do my first Maven steps, and I want to use the features of Eclipse/WTP (or JBoss Tools), combined with some Maven features (mainly dependency management).
But I am a bit stuck with the archetypes: does anybody have a suggestion on which archetypes to use for creating a JavaEE6 ear with all child modules (ejb, app client, web module)?
E.g. JBossTools has an archetype "jboss-javaee6-webapp", but no archetypes for the other module types. I found  some JavaEE archetypes with groupId "org.codehaus.mojo.archetypes" which covered all module types, but I did not manage to connect the modules to an Eclipse EAR project.

This question is probably not really JBossTools related, but I hope that they provide all necessary utilities, and I just did not find them all ;-).

Best regards

Wolfgang