[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: jboss 5.1 & messaging & Oracle 11g

Ryan Hochstetler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 29 17:22:33 EDT 2011

Ryan Hochstetler [http://community.jboss.org/people/ryanhos] created the discussion

"Re: jboss 5.1 & messaging & Oracle 11g"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/623632#623632

We're seeing the exact same issue under a nearly identical configuration.  Our DBA is gone for the day so I can't ask him what fix he put in place, but I can nearly guarantee that the problem is the configuration of Oracle (or the objects therein, rather), not JBoss Messaging.  I suspect it has to do with fragmentation of the lobsegment.  Our JBM_MSG sees about 20 million messages come and go per day, so there's lots of volatility in that table, which is a key ingredient for fragmentation.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]