[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Archetypes for JavaEE modules?

Fred Bricon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 31 06:43:44 EDT 2011

Fred Bricon [http://community.jboss.org/people/fbricon] created the discussion

"Re: Archetypes for JavaEE modules?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/623973#623973

There's no multi module archetype for JavaEE6 that I know of, yet. I planned on making one, but can't give an ETA.
However, you can start by looking at   http://code.google.com/p/open-archetypes/ http://code.google.com/p/open-archetypes/
I suggest you create the project based on +multi-javaee5-archetype+ first, then :
- update the version to 6 in the maven-ear-plugin configuration of the ear project
- update the version to 3.1 in the maven-ejb-plugin of the ejb project
- use a web.xml v3.0 in the web project or maybe add a new module to the base project, based off the jboss EE6 archetype, then add it as a dependency of the ear project

Note that app clients are not supported yet in m2e-wtp (it's almost ready though, so should be soon in m2e-wtp's dev builds)