[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: class loading of an inbound resource adapter?

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 31 09:22:35 EDT 2011

Jesper Pedersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: class loading of an inbound resource adapter?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/624002#624002

> do I need an JBoss specific deployment descriptor for the resource adapter?

No, as your resource adapter is pure inflow you won't need that. Once you add a connection factory or an admin object you will need to add an ironjacamar.xml or define a <resource-adapter> entry in the subsystem.

> do I have to modify the standalone-preview.xml also for an inbound resource adapter?

No, same as above.

> do I need something like the @ResourceAdapter annotation in my MDB?

Yes, you will need to point it towards your deployment.

> if my  inbound resource adapter is correct, should I see it in the management console under "Connector" -> "Resource Adapters"?

That is a TODO.

If you don't deploy as an .ear file you will need to link the two deployments together using a META-INF/MANFEST.MF entry - see  http://community.jboss.org/thread/169894 http://community.jboss.org/thread/169894 - like

Dependencies: deployment.RA_UDP.rar

inside your .jar file.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]