[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space + JBoss AS in Windows

Roberto Requena do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 31 12:28:19 EDT 2011

Roberto Requena [http://community.jboss.org/people/Rart3001_1] created the discussion

"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space + JBoss AS in Windows"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/624085#624085

Greetings.

I need some help setting up a JBoss Aplication for production as is giving me memory problems.

The server configuration is as follows:

*OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (Service Pack 2)*
*CPU: Pentium (R) Dua-Core CPU E5200 at 2.50GHz 2.50GHz*
*Memory: 1.96 GB of RAM.*
*JAVA: java version "1.6.0_24" Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build1.6.0_24-b07)*
*Application Server: JBoss 5.1.0.GA*

My application is developed with:

*JSF 1.2*
*Rich Faces 3.3.3 Final*
*Facelets*
*EJB 3.0*
*JPA*

I tried to make most of my Backing Beam are in request scope.

But when more than one user is connected to the application I get the following error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

and tried to set the memory of the VM, but do not know what values ​​to putexactly the amount of server memory. Nor is that components of jboss I have to uninstall to improve performance.

If you have any suggestions they are truly GRATEFUL.

Thanks again and excuse me for my Inglish

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]