[jboss-user] [jBPM] - birt report data not showing up in jbpm console - can't load jdbc jar ?

Anand Awasthi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 1 12:04:12 EST 2011

Anand Awasthi [http://community.jboss.org/people/anand.awasthi] created the discussion

"birt report data not showing up in jbpm console - can't load jdbc jar ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/639391#639391

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to generate the reports using birt run time 3.7.1 in jbpm console 5.1 which is deployed on WebSphere 7.  I have configured birt runitme location in WAS admin console  pointing to  -Dorg.jbpm.report.engine.dir=D:\birt-runtime\birt. Everything looks ok and I can pull up the reporting templates in JBPM Console also but i am not seeing the data , instead i get error shown below. the relevant stack trace is :

- Can not load the report query: 122. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 122. (Element ID:122)
Error.ReportQueryLoadingError2 ( 1 time(s) )  detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Can not load the report query:
 122. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 122. (Element ID:122)
 at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataPresentationEngine.doExecuteQuery(DataPresentationEngine.java:160)
 at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:267)
 at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1905)

While digging at the forums, I found that for Birt runtime 3.7.1 , I need to copy jdbc jar, (in this case db2jcc.jar) in BirtHome/WEB-INF/lib.

So I deployed birt.war on WAS 7 with db2jcc.jar  in WEB-INF/lib and it still didnt work. I also copied the db2jcc.jar in D:\birt-runtime\birt\ReportEngine\lib and that didnt work either. What am I missing ?

BTW, I can pull the data in Eclipse - when i open the template in Designer View. All I had to do was add the jar using Jar Management Wizard and conifgure the data source. But the same thing is not working when I try to open the reports in Server enviornment.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Anand