[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Using Jbpm 5 in a commercial project

nash kom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 2 08:09:45 EST 2011

nash kom [http://community.jboss.org/people/nash.komar] created the discussion

"Re: Using Jbpm 5 in a commercial project"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/639537#639537

Hi Mauricio,

Thank you for your quick reply, we are tarting to contact sales people.

sorry for the late reply, I was trying to simplify my process model to identify the source of the issue:

here are the details :

the process
 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-639537-17412/process.jpeg  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-639537-17412/450-150/process.jpeg
when I try  to access the process instance information Change Level workItemHandler:

*public* *class* ChangeLevelWorkItemHandler *implements* WorkItemHandler {
 *public* *void* executeWorkItem(WorkItem workItem, WorkItemManager workItemManager) {
 System.+out+.println(" Changing the level = " + workItem.getParameter("direction"));
 ProcessManager.+getProcessInstance+(workItem.getProcessInstanceId());

in the processManager :

*public* *static* ProcessInstance getProcessInstance(
 *long* processInstanceId) {
 *return* +ksession+.getProcessInstance(processInstanceId);
}

I'm using a persisted ksession that I create exactly like in the jbpm console :

 env.set(EnvironmentName.+ENTITY_MANAGER_FACTORY+, emf);
 Properties properties = *new* Properties();
 properties.put("drools.processInstanceManagerFactory", "org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.JPAProcessInstanceManagerFactory");
 properties.put("drools.processSignalManagerFactory", "org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.JPASignalManagerFactory");
 KnowledgeSessionConfiguration config = KnowledgeBaseFactory.+newKnowledgeSessionConfiguration+(properties);
 *try* {
 …..
the process is executed correctly, but after the transaction time out, there is a roll-back(ransactionReaper::check timeout …. Abort of action id 7f000101:e18b:4ed4a5a4:10b invoked while multiple threads active within it. ).

I activated hibernate sql logs, I can see the sql request to create the process, but not those to insert the workiteminfo and delete them after the end.

Every thing work correctly and I can see all the sql request if :
I remove the timer or the ProcessManager.+getProcessInstance+(workItem.getProcessInstanceId()) line from the workItemHandler.

I will try this process in the jbpm console to see how it behave. But I don't know where to put the workitem handler.

Many thanks for your help