[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: JBoss AS 6.0.0.Final (Hypersonic) System tables

Wolf-Dieter Fink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 2 08:32:20 EST 2011

Wolf-Dieter Fink [http://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss AS 6.0.0.Final (Hypersonic) System tables"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/639541#639541

You might use DefaultDS for all. I prefere two different datasources.

If you use JBossMessaging the JMS messages might be stored in the database, HornetQ (the default) does not need a database
Also the EJB timers, juddi ... use the DefaultDS, you might remove the services if you do not need it.
 http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13278 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss5xTuningSlimming and   http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16970 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss6xTuningSlimming

You might also remove the grant, for the first start you might get the table structure from a test DB (if the DBadmin prefere no CREATE grant  ;)  )

I think there is no documentation for the tables. But if you do not use the former JBossMessaging and ejb timers the tables are not used.