[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Redeployment strategy (still) unclear

st sch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 4 05:04:49 EST 2011

st sch [http://community.jboss.org/people/stsch77] created the discussion

"Redeployment strategy (still) unclear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/639700#639700

I have just installed Eclipse Indigo and JBoss Tools 3.3 with JBoss 7. I have created a very simple dynamic web project containing one Java servlet and one JSP. Whenever I do a change to the JSP or the servlet the status of the JBoss server changes from "Started, Synchronized" to "Started, Republish" for a second and then back to synchronized. Nevertheless the changes are not redeployed and accessible in the running webapp, I have to do a Clean or a module restart.

Wasn't this different in previous versions of JBoss? If I doubleclick my server configuration there are different settings to change the behaviour of automatic publishing. Why do theses settings exist if they don't have any effect?

What are your strategies to minimize full redeployments?

Regards,
-Steffen-