[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Set "maxSession" of an MDB using XML instead of Annotations

Hushen Savani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 5 02:55:22 EST 2011

Hushen Savani [http://community.jboss.org/people/hushen.savani] created the discussion

"Set "maxSession" of an MDB using XML instead of Annotations"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/639774#639774

Hi,

I having an application developed on the apis of Hornetq-2.2.5 with AppServer JBossAS-5.1.0. And with EJB3 implementaion.

I am trying to set "maxSession" parameter of an MDB using xml instead of annotations. I've set the following parameters

In standardjboss.xml :

1) maxSession -> 20 in *jms-message-inflow-driven-bean* <invoker-proxy-binding>
2) MaximumSize -> 20 in *message-driven-bean* <invoker-proxy-binding>

In ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml

1) maxSize -> 20 in *Message Driven Bean* <domain> for Pool Annotation.

But, the changes are not reflected, max session are created as *15*, which is the *default* value of the *maxSession* of an MDB. According to following JBoss Doc,  http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/5/html/HornetQ_User_Guide/ch32s03.html http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/5/html/HornetQ_User_Guide/ch32s03.html

it says that, in order the changes to be reflected, *you need to set the maxSession parameter either on the resource adapter itself or via an an Activation Config Property on the MDB itself.*

I tried digging out the Hornetq Resource Adapter (*ra.xml*), but I find no clue where to set it. Pl. have a pointers on the same.

Thanks.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]