[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: KnowledgeBase keeps links to stateful sessions after disposing

Sergii Shyika do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 7 08:31:07 EST 2011

Sergii Shyika [http://community.jboss.org/people/sshyika] created the discussion

"Re: KnowledgeBase keeps links to stateful sessions after disposing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/640299#640299

Hi, Tihomir,  thank you for reply. I am observing memory leak with stateless sessions too. Here is simple code below:

public static void main(String... args) {

        KnowledgeBase base = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();
         waitForKeyPress();
        for (int i = 0; i ();
        for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i++) {
            list.add(new Date());
        }
        return list;
    }

    private static void waitForKeyPress() {
        try {
            System.in.read(new byte[2]);
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

Here we simply create 500 stateless sessions and insert in each "heavy" object (list of 1000 dates).
Below is jConsole screenshot made while programm waiting for second key press:

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-640299-17450/Memory.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-640299-17450/450-371/Memory.png

As you can see java process consumes ~3Mb before and 22Mb after invoiking sessions.
Below is a screenshot of my debugger, that was made  after invoiking sessions:

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-640299-17451/Debug.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-640299-17451/450-415/Debug.png

You can see that knowledge base keeps 500 references to ProcessRuntime objects.
The picture is the same when we using statefull sessions and dispose them by dispose() method.