[jboss-user] [jBPM] - threadsafety of workitems

Jürgen Schmied do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 14 15:58:19 EST 2011

Jürgen Schmied [http://community.jboss.org/people/jschmied] created the discussion

"threadsafety of workitems"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/641622#641622

      Hi!

 I have a process with two workitems in parallel.

 In executeWorkItem() I start a callable and execute completeWorkItem from a worker thread. When the flow runns for a while it blocks randomly. It seems the completeWorkItem() is not threadsafe and if different threads call it concurrently sometimes the acknowledging of the workitem gets lost.

 If I warp the ksession in a object and synchronize all calls it runns fine.

 I is told to do it this way in chapter  5.8.7.1. of the manual. Isn't the completeWorkItem call not supposed to be threadsafe?

 Thanks!

 juergen