[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Processing

Darin Wilcox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 15 17:29:32 EST 2011

Darin Wilcox [http://community.jboss.org/people/zoikks] created the discussion

"Processing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/641864#641864

Hello,

I am using jBPM 5.1.0.Final to execute some processes.  I started a process with parameters where one of the parameters is an ArrayList<?> named "itemList".  I'm trying to access the "itemList" from within a rule using the following syntax:

when
     $process : WorkflowProcessInstance()
     $a : ArrayList() from ((ArrayList)$process.getVariable("arrayList"))
then
     System.out.println("Size: " + $a.size());

However, the condition never seems to be true when I use an ArrayList (I assume the same thing would happen using any object that implements Collection).  I have used other singular objects such as String without a problem and read it properly from the process in the condition portion.  Additionally, the arrayList object is accessible in the consequence as long I don't check for it in the condition.

Can anyone tell me why the ArrayList cannot be read from the process parameters in the condition portion of a rule?

Are there any options to this scenario other than loading the elements from the ArrayList into working memory and running a "from collect" on them?

I have attached code that demonstrates the issue.

Thanks.