[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Jboss server startup issue (JNDI thread)

sid3 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 21 03:05:38 EST 2011

sid3 [http://community.jboss.org/people/sid3] created the discussion

"Jboss server startup issue (JNDI thread)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/642605#642605

Hi All,

I have installed *Oracle 11gR2* as my database server on a *RHEL 6 machine*, and my *JBoss SOA suite 5.2* on another *RHEL 6* machine. I have checked that my *database is up and running and also its listener is up* and ready to listen. So the problem here is, whenever I try to startup my Jboss server it gets *stuck at +[NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}+* it waits on this thread for long time arund 30mins and then errors out with
Ora-12159 :TNS no appropriate service found.

I have checked everything from the *oracle side and all looks good* even the service name used to connect to the database is correct. So this is surely a JBoss side error I think. And hence need to know what exactly is the problem. Please help, for reference i have *attached the screen shot of my Jboss server startup error*. Thanks in advance.