[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM's persistence reusing existing connection

Andres Fernandez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 21 06:15:06 EST 2011

Andres Fernandez [http://community.jboss.org/people/ysh_fdez] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM's persistence reusing existing connection"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/642648#642648

Thank very much Juan and Mauricio. Our applications create the connection as mode application managed entity manager. I'll trying to get a valid EntityManager from an instance of hibernate.Session. I will have the option to add a JTA transaction manager as plan B.

We tested code that we have seen on the web, but as nothing has worked so I began to doubt.

*First* way
 http://community.jboss.org/thread/163990 http://community.jboss.org/thread/163990
Code
{{{
     org.hibernate.Session session = ...
     Configuration cfg = new Configuration();
     cfg.configure("/hibernate.cfg.xml");
     EntityManagerFactory emf =
           new EntityManagerFactoryImpl(session.getSessionFactory(), PersistenceUnitTransactionType.RESOURCE_LOCAL, true, null, cfg);
     Environment env = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newEnvironment();
     env.set(EnvironmentName.ENTITY_MANAGER_FACTORY, emf);
     StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(kbase, null, env);
}}}
Error
{{{
     21/12/2011 08:38:10 [ERROR] (org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService)  - Could not commit session
     java.lang.NullPointerException
          at org.drools.persistence.jta.JtaTransactionManager.getStatus(JtaTransactionManager.java:205)
}}}}

*Second* way
 http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.CR1/drools-expert-docs/html/ch04.html#d0e2134 http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.CR1/drools-expert-docs/html/ch04.html#d0e2134
 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/javadocs/org/drools/runtime/StatefulKnowledgeSession.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/javadocs/org/drools/runtime/StatefulKnowledgeSession.html
Code
{{{
     org.hibernate.Session session = ...
     StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
     ksession.setGlobal("hbnSession", session);
}}}
Error
{{{
     java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected global [hbnSession]
          at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.setGlobal(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:586)
          at org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.setGlobal(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:332)
}}}

If I get the code that works I'll put it here.
Greetings