[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Some Experiences with JBoss Tools, Eclipse Helios and M2E

Thomas Kriechbaum do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 2 03:02:05 EST 2011

Thomas Kriechbaum [http://community.jboss.org/people/Thomas.Kriechbaum] created the discussion

"Re: Some Experiences with JBoss Tools, Eclipse Helios and M2E"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/584828#584828

Hello,

now I have setup a new Eclipse 3.6.1 installation with JBoss Tools 3.2.0.CR1 and the newest M2Eclipse plugins (org.maven.ide.eclipse.feature 0.12.1.20110112-1712, org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp.feature 0.11.1.20101108-1810, org.maven.ide.eclipse.temporary.mojos.feature 0.12.0.20101103-1500).

*context root of the web-module*
The context root is now resolved as defined in the EARs pom.xml ++

*republish after changes*
With the default settings republishing of JEE modules still does not work. I found out, that within the Servers view only a "Full Publish" effects a redeployment of the changed modules. An "Incremential Publish" behaves the same as the "behind-the-scene" redeployment after a source code change.

Do I have to change some Eclipse settings in this case?

*module name is part of global JNDI name*
I still have not found a way to influence the application name that is part of the EJB's JNDI name. Within the IDE the JNDI name still starts with ticket-ear (without version information), but a build on the command line would change this JNDI name to ticket-ear-1.0.0 (with version information).
I know, that I could change the EARs final name, but versioning is a "must-have" in our production environment.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas