[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: When does Session.startProcess() return?

Brian Wallis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 6 20:40:12 EST 2011

Brian Wallis [http://community.jboss.org/people/bwallis42] created the discussion

"Re: When does Session.startProcess() return?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/585781#585781

Hi again, a supplementary question if I may...

I am assuming that when I call session.fireAllRules() on a stateless session that it returns when all matching rules have fired and that all of the rules that do fire are executed within the same thread that called session.fireAllRules(). (not really  a jBPM question, just general Drools).

The reason for these questions is that I have worked on more than one system where the thread model was poorly understood and deadlocks and race conditions occured with monotonous (and unpredictable) regularity. I intend to avoid all those problems up front in the design!

thanks.