[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Running Multiple JVMs as Windows Services on a Single System

Darryl Baker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 7 16:09:42 EST 2011

Darryl Baker [http://community.jboss.org/people/dpbaker57] created the discussion

"Running Multiple JVMs as Windows Services on a Single System"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586054#586054

I'm looking having three separate instances as services on the same host. Each must be isolated from the others. So we can't run them in the same JVM. We are currently running four (or more) on Windows 2003/32bit with 4.0.5 using JavaService.

We are moving to Windows 2008/64bit with 5.1.0. I am looking at the service.bat and jdosssvc.exe set up. It seems that to use the distributed setup I would have to copy the scripts to different names and edit them to call the appropriate scripts for each instance I want.

 Am I correct? If not how do you do this without renaming and editing?
I would really like a method that is less human intensive and therefore less error prone.

I know there was a problem with an older version of JavaService but are there any problems using the current 64bit version?