[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to use ProcessInstance without accessing db

honzag do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 7 16:34:32 EST 2011

honzag [http://community.jboss.org/people/honzag] created the discussion

"How to use ProcessInstance without accessing db"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586055#586055

Hi,

I would like to access DB only during the ProcessInstance creation (and in a task node). I have tried to set a "default-lazy" property in all hbm.xml files to "false" but still I end with LazyInitializationException.

There is a code of method which I use to retrieve ProcessInstance. I want to keep this instance in memory between process wait states.
JbpmContext context = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance().createJbpmContext();
try {
    ProcessDefinition definition = context.getGraphSession().findLatestProcessDefinition(definitionName);
    return definition.createProcessInstance(variables) ;
} finally {
    context.close();
}

In process wait state I want to use in memory kept ProcessInstance and call signal method.

If I create definition by parsing xml then this works. But is this approach possible in case of loading from db? I use jbpm 3.2.9.

Thank you in advance for your reply?

Honza