[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Issue in leavenode from a Task node on task-create event

Maurice de Chateau do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 9 05:26:01 EST 2011

Maurice de Chateau [http://community.jboss.org/people/MohReece] created the discussion

"Re: Issue in leavenode from a Task node on task-create event"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586412#586412

Hi Yogita,

Sorry it took a while for me to get back to you...

1) If you need to be able to to show the history of your process executions, process logging (which is different from logging with e.g. Log4J) is something worth while looking at. See  http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3.2/userguide/html_single/#logging chapter 16 of the user guide on how that is done.
If that requirement is the only thing keeping you from using regular Nodes, I strongly recommend you try this and switch to Nodes. It'll make your life much easier!

2) Why the TaskInstance cannot be ended from where you try it isn't completely clear to me. Assignment isn't part of the TaskInstance's lifecycle, so book-keeping should be up-to-date once the creation step is completed - but I'm not completely sure about that in case of the task-created event, to be honest.
I know that it is possible to have an actor ask for the TaskInstances that are assigned to it (that's pretty much by design  ;) ), and the ones that are returned can be ended without a problem. I understand that your TaskInstances need to be ended in a way that is more automatic than what originally is intended, but if you must: would polling be an option (i.e. if you find that your event driven doesn't give you the correct result)?

Good luck,
Maurice