[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - specify handlerchain.xml outside of jar

Matt Wringe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 10 14:19:42 EST 2011

Matt Wringe [http://community.jboss.org/people/mwringe] created the discussion

"specify handlerchain.xml outside of jar"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586783#586783

Is there anyway to specify the handlerchain.xml file out of the jar which contain the interface classes?

I have an interface class within the WEB-INF/classes folder of my war. If I place a handlerchain xml file within the classes folder and specify it with the @HandlerChain(file="../../handlerchain.xml") then it gets picked up. But if I place it within the WEB-INF/conf directory, then I can't access it (file="../../../WEB-INF/conf/handlerchain.xml" will result in an index out of bounds error). Using JBoss 5.1.0.GA

Since I don't know what the exact absolute file path where this is going to potentially be deployed, I don't believe I can use file="file://..."

Is there some other way I can specify the handlerchain.xml file outside of the annotations? I would ideally like to have this configuration file located in an ear somewhere and not within a jar or war.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]