[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - How to configure JBoss for datasource hot deployment

Marcus Klein do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 11 05:04:29 EST 2011

Marcus Klein [http://community.jboss.org/people/marcus.klein] created the discussion

"How to configure JBoss for datasource hot deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586862#586862

Hello,

I try to figure out what steps are necessary to enable the hot deployment feature for datasources. I am using Jboss AS 4.0.3 SP1 connected to an Oracle database by using local-tx-datasource. In my current setup (which is working fine as long as the oracle-ds.xml isn't changed on runtime) I get a

org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: You are trying to use a connection factory that has been shut down: ManagedConnectionFactory is null.; - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: You are trying to use a connection factory that has been shut down: ManagedConnectionFactory is null.)
    at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:79)

when I touch (change) the oracle-ds.xml.

Checking the internet, JBoss-WIKI and JBoss-Forums all lead to the JBoss-WIKI entry:  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-9613 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DynamicallyChangeADatasourceWithRestartingOrRedeployingApplicationsDependentOnIt
Unfortunately the only information there is to use the DataSource Delegator from varia without any instructions on
1. How to compile the sources. Only the class is given as source code, but e.g. the referenced interface DataSourceDelegatorMBean isn't available.
2. Where to place the generated classes/lib
3. Which configuration steps are necessary so that the delegator is used.

Any help on this topis is welcome.

Thank you very much.

One optional additional point:
Following the link "JBossJCADatabaseFailover" from the WIKI entry to  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10426 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossJCADatabaseFailover the description is missing the instructions where to find the "... resource adapters that *are not* deployed in the default configuration."

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]