[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - maven and jboss hot deployment does not work correctly

nimo stephan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 11 08:01:52 EST 2011

nimo stephan [http://community.jboss.org/people/nimo22] created the discussion

"maven and jboss hot deployment does not work correctly"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586884#586884

I use maven with jboss tools 3.2 cr1 and the hot-deployment does not work correctly.

When deploying after a mvn-rebuild, the source-folders are all empty only the static-resources are deployed. I looked in my target-folder after build and all sources are correctly there, but rf tools does not transport it. A full publish does not make any changes - source folders are empty in my deploy-dir. When deleting the war manually and stopping the server and republish again, then it works - but not very time-friendly. By the way, when stopping the server while hot-deploying a resource via jboss tools, my server hangs so long and so the eclipse gui - it hangs often more than a few minutes. Why is that so? I only have a little war file (~3mb) deployed and nothing more in my local deploy-dir.