[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Advice on using the jBPM console as an end user application

cs2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 11 15:38:29 EST 2011

cs2 [http://community.jboss.org/people/cs2] created the discussion

"Re: Advice on using the jBPM console as an end user application"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/586994#586994

Yes, I have the jbpm-console demo running and have been able to look at it. The main thing I'm not seeing is how to validate user input on forms (e.g. I need to validate that a user picked a unique login name in a back end database) and how to create and deploy forms in a process. This is due to my lack of understanding of how everything fits together at a rudimentary level -- I'm new to Java. For example, I'm not seeing where the form source is located in the "Evaluation" example in the Eclipse project, or when a user enters some data, where I write the code to validate it and return an error if needed?

Any addtional suggestsions on what to read up on in order to get an inital "hello world" grasp would be great. I'll take a look at the GWT manual as recommended by the bpm-console reference, thank you for that!