[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Clustering and failover question

Nikos Massios do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 15 06:20:53 EST 2011

Nikos Massios [http://community.jboss.org/people/massios] created the discussion

"Clustering and failover question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587422#587422

Dear all,

We are working on an ESB 4.6 system clustered with 2 nodes. It is running on jboss 5.1 with oracle as an underlying database. We are facing the following problem relating to jms clustering.
1. Initially both node1 and node2 are up and running with node1 as the master node.
2. The ESB application uploads a message to the queue with name "queue_a" through node1.
3. We stop node1. Now only node2 is running and it has taken over as the master node.
4. We UNSUCCESSFULLY try to consume the message in "queue_a" through node2. No error message appears but message remains
    in the queue. Basically the client waits in the blocking read message method.

If we perform a select on the messaging database we can find the message we posted on "queue_a" but "queue_a" appears 2 times in the post_office table, one time per each node_id.

Is there a way to configure jboss messaging so that a node that is running can read the messages of a node that has failed or has been shut down?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]