[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 5 and BPEL

Ilja Kondrush do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 16 10:23:06 EST 2011

Ilja Kondrush [http://community.jboss.org/people/theros] created the discussion

"jBPM 5 and BPEL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587779#587779

Hello, everyone!
I'm new here (and new to jbpm and bpel also), so i'll try to get this straight to the point.

I have an idea of writing my bachelor work using jBPM. I've heard of jBPM 3.* version was supporting the use of BPEL language
in BPM modelling (and programming using java). So, the questions are:

1. Does jBPM 5.0 still support BPEL lang. use? If does, could anyone, please, give me a tip where i should start "digging" to learn how to use it with jBPM?(or how to use BPMN to create not only models of processes, but how to make them "work" correctly)
2. If BPEL is not supported (or even if it is supported) by jBPM 5.0 at this point.. is there a possibility to "translate" BPEL to BPMN? (for instance, to translate some simple process made using BPEL to BPMN) And if there is.. where, again, should i start from? (any ideas, tips.. or someone had smth. like this on his/her mind..anything..)

p.s. excuse me for my poor english..

sincerely,
Ilja Kondrush