[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How I can call jBPM in my application?

Jim Hill do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 16 11:02:00 EST 2011

Jim Hill [http://community.jboss.org/people/jdh] created the discussion

"Re: How I can call jBPM in my application?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/587796#587796

This is a wide open question and I am sure there are a number of ways to approach this.  I am trying to incorporate jBPM into our application with Mule 3.1.  My project mostly deals with messaging so I am receving messages through Mule and I built a selective consumer that basically manages a process engine.  This runs as a singleton to prevent multiple process engines from getting started.  The selective consumer pulls the required info out of the message and determines if there is a process running that's interested in this message.  If so it hands the message off to the process like this:
processInstance.findActiveExecutionIn(activityName);

Map<String, MyObject> parameters =**new** HashMap<String,MyObject>();

parameters.put("message",msg);
executionService.signalExecutionById(executionId, parameters);

In essence, the selective consumer starts and stops the process so it has the information I need like the processID.  I hope this is helpful, if nothing else it is one approach you could take.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I'm open to suggestions too.

Jim