[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustering and failover question

Nikos Massios do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 18 05:47:32 EST 2011

Nikos Massios [http://community.jboss.org/people/massios] created the discussion

"Re: Clustering and failover question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588293#588293

Hello again Howard,

Ι was having a look at the code for

org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.clusterconnection.MessageSucker

and for

org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.clusterconnection.ClusterConnectionManager

Can you or someone confirm that:

a) The ClusterPullConnectionFactory is οnly used when a client lookups the ClusteredConnectionFactory.

b) That the ClusterPullConnectionFactory only works when one defines the queue as  Clustered=true  (we are doing this in our case)

c) That the message suckers created by the ClusterConnectionManager only suck messages from the other nodes IF AND ONLY IF the other nodes are up? (they are not in our example).

Our problem is that

a) the messages are stored in the DB

b) the node that wrote them is taken out

c) The messages are readable only if the node that wrote them is up.

Nikos

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]